Fear The Clam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Saddest Movie You Know

Go down 
+4
blademan5
ClamTank
Ali
Trixr4kids
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male
Number of posts : 789
Job/hobbies : Student/Chick-fil-A Junkie/Film Maker
Registration date : 2008-09-20

The Saddest Movie You Know Empty
PostSubject: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 pm

I've been in the mood for sad movies lately. I just watched Grave of the Fireflies (which I'll admit made me cry. /pansy), and I want something else like it. So anyone got any sad, beautiful movies they'd like to suggest?

I also suggest you all watch Grave of the Fireflies, its an excellent story. But be forewarned its animuh.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Sex Slave
Ali

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Zero Day, I watched it yesterday, its a movie thats made like a documentary about two teenage boys video taping their lives and their plans to hold a school shooting, really really sad movie. @_@ Depressed the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
ClamTank
Lost Soul
ClamTank

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 5:51 am

Memoirs of a Geisha is a bit depressing at one point...

Um... *thinks* What was it called =_= I forget what this one is called... it's a foreign film, Chinese I think. OH. House of Flying Daggers. That has a hella depressing plot. Just watch it in Chinese--the English dubbing is facepalm worthy.

Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift has a good bit of drama (I cried at one point. If you're a pansy like me, you may too) but it's a good movie, despite being one long car race. :3

If I think of any others I'll post~
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

House of Flying Daggers is a damn good movie. (and I totally agree about the dubs. I rented the subbed version then later saw the dub on TV, and I was like " WTF is this shit?!?! D< It was all in monotone and they failed at making it appear natural)

That reminds me of another foreign asian movie, Curse of the Golden Flower. That's a beautiful movie. Its kinda sad in that there's a lot of death and betrayal, but for the most part it just looks purdy =3 and there's another asian flick like flying daggers... BAH I can't remember it right now but its very sad. (Something about a man trying to stop the unification of china. Its interesting cause you hear the story from three or four different points of view) Those types of movies remind me a lot of dramatic Shakespeare.

... and how do you cry at the Fast & the Furious?

Edit: Movie I forgot the name of is called Hero.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:51 am

Running with scissors is a good sad movie. I cried but ofc I'm a bit /gay.

Memoirs of a Geisha was sad ._. Ive seen it 4 times I think.
Isnt the Notebook meant to be like really sad?
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 pm

The Notebook is incredibly sad. I cried at the last part, Hard. =X Its one of the four of five movies that actually made me cry.
But the movie itself overall was, meh, not that interesting or memorable (except for the ending that was just cruel). Me like sad movies, but I'm not a big fan of romance.

and I'm going ahead and saying I really didn't like Memoirs of a Geisha. It was pretty and sad and the music was very nice, but the story just was too slow and there just was not enough to it. Maybe if I read the book it would be a little better, but I haven't really been able to sit down and enjoy a book for a while now. =/

Last edited by Trixr4kids on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ClamTank
Lost Soul
ClamTank

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 4:08 pm

Trixr4kids wrote:
House of Flying Daggers is a damn good movie. (and I totally agree about the dubs. I rented the subbed version then later saw the dub on TV, and I was like " WTF is this shit?!?! D< It was all in monotone and they failed at making it appear natural)

That reminds me of another foreign asian movie, Curse of the Golden Flower. That's a beautiful movie. Its kinda sad in that there's a lot of death and betrayal, but for the most part it just looks purdy =3 and there's another asian flick like flying daggers... BAH I can't remember it right now but its very sad. (Something about a man trying to stop the unification of china. Its interesting cause you hear the story from three or four different points of view) Those types of movies remind me a lot of dramatic Shakespeare.

... and how do you cry at the Fast & the Furious?

Edit: Movie I forgot the name of is called Hero.

They all have pretty much the same actresses too xD I have Golden Flower... I really should watch it sometime.

And in Tokyo Drift it was when... uh, Han crashed and the scene with the main couple taking the train back home in utter silence (I totally forgot their names).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:14 am

Im glad you have a sig like that.

You should post, alot so we can all see it.

HARDEN UP YOU WOMAN JACOBBB!
Eliwood
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 am

TheSpecialChild wrote:
HARDEN UP YOU WOMAN JACOBBB!
Eliwood

Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:37 pm

I should get sexy anime sig.

Even tho Anime makes me cringe Thief

These icons are great, they really express what Im trying to say /ridicule
Back to top Go down
Ali
Sex Slave
Ali

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:46 am

Trixr4kids wrote:
The Notebook is incredibly sad. I cried at the last part, Hard. =X Its one of the four of five movies that actually made me cry.
But the movie itself overall was, meh, not that interesting or memorable (except for the ending that was just cruel). Me like sad movies, but I'm not a big fan of romance.

and I'm going ahead and saying I really didn't like Memoirs of a Geisha. I was pretty and sad and the music was very nice, but the story just was too slow and not enough to it. Maybe if I read the book it would be a little better, but I haven't really been able to sit down and enjoy a book and a while now. =/

Me too, I've seen it 3948398 times and still cry..

City of Angels is really sad.. but I think it's really good.
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:51 am

o.o I just reread through that quote and there were about four typos.

And City of Angels, its has Nicholas Cage in it so it automatically wins The Saddest Movie You Know 321858

(Sorry I just really hate that guy. There has yet to be a movie he was in that I enjoyed, other than to laugh at)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 pm

BUT NATIONAL TREASURE WAS SO GOOD!!!!!11 The Saddest Movie You Know 739516

He annoys me, new thread idea, actors/actresses you hate and love ;DDD
Back to top Go down
blademan5
Sex Slave
blademan5

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : Full time student
Interests : Rock Band, friends, TV
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 1:48 am

Not really one for sad movies.

This is off the top of my head but Battle Royale was pretty sad since all the people who were cool got killed off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:25 am

Lol typical teenage boy?
Back to top Go down
Harushionu
The Clam
The Clam
Harushionu

Female
Number of posts : 632
Job/hobbies : Stalker
Interests : You

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 2:50 pm

I have never seen The Notebook. :D
Back to top Go down
https://ftclam.darkbb.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:19 am

Neither, but I intend to eventually, when Im by myself.
Back to top Go down
j_strange
Lost Soul
j_strange

Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:34 am

If you're still looking for a sad movie, I suggest La Fille sur le Pont
It's a bit of a tear jerker at times... but I don't know if you're into the French indy-drama films. I find them hard to stomach at times.

Also, American History X.
That movie has the most depressing ending I have ever seen. Seriously, I make it a point to act like a hard-ass when I'm watching sad movies around other people, but I cried my eyes out at the end of that one.
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:39 am

I'm not a big fan of french films in general (I don't like the tone that most of them portray) so I'm going to be passing on that first one cause I already have this horrid mental image of what it would be like in my head.

But American History X has been coming up a lot from people lately. I probably will be looking into watching it soon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 am

Lol hard-ass ;D

I watch sad movies by myself, if theres someone else around I wont watch it, or will hide the tears.

/ Blush
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 am

Constant Gardner
Back to top Go down
Annerire la Luna
Mini-Clam
Annerire la Luna

Female
Number of posts : 372
Interests : JP lang, Metalworking, Composition

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 5:29 pm

I thought "Elizabethtown" was pretty sad towards the beginning and the very end.
Back to top Go down
Harushionu
The Clam
The Clam
Harushionu

Female
Number of posts : 632
Job/hobbies : Stalker
Interests : You

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 pm

Trixr4kids wrote:
I don't like the tone that most of them portray

You mean pretentious? :D
Back to top Go down
https://ftclam.darkbb.com
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Not necessarily its hard to describe what I mean but here's an example of what I have in my mind as a stereotypical french film
(It's just a parody, but you get the idea)

It's like film noir, but unnecessarily over dramatic and confusing out of trying to be artistic, but at the same time monotone. But overall they are just hard as hell to follow and understand, mainly cause they just don't have that much of a point to make. So yeah I guess they are a little pretentious.

It kinda reminds me of that Family Guy sketch where the Diana Simmons (idk the name) character tells she was in an independent film and it shows a sketch of a movie with just a bunch of random scenes where she is a broken down housewife and it ends with her under a table while a clown flips pancakes in the foreground.
Back to top Go down
Nancypoo
Mini-Clam
Nancypoo

Male
Number of posts : 393
Interests : me. who else?

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Silly Lizzie wrote:
I thought "Elizabethtown" was pretty sad towards the beginning and the very end.

I was never able to watch that movie from the beginning to the end... Dense movie was dense. Even with Kristen Dunst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Saddest Movie You Know   The Saddest Movie You Know Empty

Back to top Go down

The Saddest Movie You Know
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear The Clam :: Coffeehouse :: The T.V.-
Jump to: