Fear The Clam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male
Number of posts : 789
Job/hobbies : Student/Chick-fil-A Junkie/Film Maker
Registration date : 2008-09-20

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Well I'm trying my very bestest to reach lvl 75 as fast as possible, mainly because I really want a hknuck. But when it comes to sets however I'm a little at a lost. At first I was thinking that I had to get the Alext set, but the more I think about it I might want to just stick with my talin set and use the hknuck along with it. The crit rate would be godly, about 37%, and add a +15% additional damage of crit shield I bought in a shop a while back (for 500k =3) I'm looking at a pretty nice damage output.

Yet on the other hand, while the additional dex from the alext set would be nice, the only reason I would really want the set would be for the +15% hp and the extra defense. But, I don't really have a problem tanking mobs at all now since I mostly just stunlock them.

So basically I need yalls opinion, should I put the effort into purchasing an alext set or should I just put all my money into an extremely nice hknuck?
Back to top Go down
Vitriol
Hoar
Vitriol

Male
Number of posts : 144
Job/hobbies : Grind whore
Interests : You
Registration date : 2008-09-22

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:56 pm

If you plan on doing some pvp, it would be nice to have the alext set. However, if you plan on 1v1 for a while, then the talin set would be the best way to go IMO. I had a nabby bRM back in my pre v7 days, and I was using the talin set from 88-93 without much problems. Paired with the hknuck, the damage is delicious (probably more so for you, since I didn't have crit damage shields nor a +16% attack suit). If you plan on CW (I don't really recommend pre 105 anyways, unless you're a secondary damage dealer), then the alext would benefit you there too. And giant hunting too, alext would be nice to have.

But all that aside, I say go with Talin :3. If you want to giant hunt, just purchase a +3 alext set and switch to that, but Talin all the way
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male
Number of posts : 789
Job/hobbies : Student/Chick-fil-A Junkie/Film Maker

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Awesome, I was just browsing FW and it seems that besides what you listed the only reason I would need an alext set would be for pinkies, which I plan to try once I hit 75. But beyond that talin seems the way to go since I plan to head to azria. So I'm going to be following your advice Sally, and just finding or putting together a clean or +3 alext set. Then looking for the best possible hknuck I can find.

Yet it also seems it would be advisable to + my talin set even further for the added effects. Any input on if and if yes then to what + I should upgrade the talin?
Back to top Go down
Vitriol
Hoar
Vitriol

Male
Number of posts : 144
Job/hobbies : Grind whore
Interests : You
Registration date : 2008-09-22

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Trixr4kids wrote:
Awesome, I was just browsing FW and it seems that besides what you listed the only reason I would need an alext set would be for pinkies, which I plan to try once I hit 75. But beyond that talin seems the way to go since I plan to head to azria. So I'm going to be following your advice Sally, and just finding or putting together a clean or +3 alext set. Then looking for the best possible hknuck I can find.

Yet it also seems it would be advisable to + my talin set even further for the added effects. Any input on if and if yes then to what + I should upgrade the talin?

Oh yeah, I forgot about pinkies. Alext will be needed for the first few levels, probably till 82-83~ish. After that point, the level difference should be close enough that you don't take that much damage, and you'll be able to switch back to talin. As for upping the set, I would recommend at most +5 or +6 for extra hit rate, since you still don't hit max hit rate with the 43 dex set (though you come awfully close!). I don't recommend more than that because you might want to switch to the rody set when you hit 105, which has a juicy amount of crit damage (40% :O~), or the billst set if you plan on pvpiing/aoeing, since it adds nice amounts of block and hp.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 am

+5 isnt too hard. What + Hknuck are you looking at getting? Hazels? ;DDD

With an FS would it be crucial to have the Alext set for pinkies?
Back to top Go down
Hazel
Hazelhoff
Hazelhoff
Hazel

Number of posts : 234

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:53 am

He'll need a FS to take pinkies at lvl75 I'd imagine. . . and a decent amount of praying ^^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:40 am

Lol FS'es love pinkies Ridicule

if its +5'ed by then It may be better than a clean Alext set overall

+8gogogogo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear The Clam :: Flyff :: Flyff-Related Discussions-