Fear The Clam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FUUUUUUUUU

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male
Number of posts : 789
Job/hobbies : Student/Chick-fil-A Junkie/Film Maker
Registration date : 2008-09-20

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 11:46 pm

I needs some help here.

Recently (about 10 minutes ago to be precise) I managed to get my little AOE assist Alluex to level 60, yet I have encountered a dilemma. I went into making this character with the full intention of becoming an AOE BP. However when I'm considering my style of playing and what I wish to accomplish I have become stuck between choosing between a merk-crack AOE RM and a AOE BP. Here's my thought process so you all might better understand what I mean.

AOE BP:

- From what I can tell they level decently (probably better than Trixr4kids is atm)
- One of the best characters for PvP which I have considered trying out
- I have plenty of BP oriented equips from Trix which I can interchange between the two, reducing the cost of making the character efficient a little bit.

- Yet leveling will undoubetdly get mind numbingly repetative
- There are a fuckton of AOE BPs out there
- Equips overall will probably be asspensive

AOE RM:

- Levels fairly effiecient as well, probably better then the AOE BP in some aspects
- By far much more versatile than the AOE BP due to the additional use of the AOE skill merkaba and the supporting buffs such as SF, GT, and Heal Rain

- Yet it can't really PvP to the same extent of a BP
- Equips are still going to be asspensive .-.

Frankly I just don't know. I like versatility and such, but still I wanted to get into PvP since frankly this game leveling wise is getting dull as hell.

ADVISE ME PL0X
Back to top Go down
Vitriol
Hoar
Vitriol

Male
Number of posts : 144
Job/hobbies : Grind whore
Interests : You
Registration date : 2008-09-22

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:46 am

Your biggest problem with the AOE rm is that you can't really take advantage of prevention till you have absurds amount of HP so that your prevention level isn't ridiculously low (ie 10k hp = 1000 prevent level, pretty low still). Also, you have 20 levels to rough out before it gets nice with the stacking aoe. But don't get me wrong, it's definitely possible. I used to dick around the pinky spawn with my bRM with much success, and it wasn't a true aoe build.

Last edited by Vitriol on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 am

Well right now my character's build is 100 sta and xxx str. I don't know if that will matter much on the desicion, but in your opinion Sally would it be more FUN to level an AOE RM or an AOE BP?
Back to top Go down
Nancypoo
Mini-Clam
Nancypoo

Male
Number of posts : 393
Interests : me. who else?

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:55 am

i'd say an AOE RM is funnier at higher levels because of never dying+Merkava
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 1:01 am

Well that's a full sta merkaba AOE RM right Nancy (I'm guessing thats what the character you inhereted is). What I would be making is different. Since I don't get merkaba till 80 I have to rely on burst crack to level until then. And even at level 80 its foolish to go full sta nd use merk only because RMs at that level just don't have the nessacry equips nessacry to pull it off. Post 105 I might consider it but who knows. Right now I just want to make an AOE character that wouldn't be too tedious to grind with, but at the same time I want PvP capabilities. I ask for too much ;-;
Back to top Go down
Vitriol
Hoar
Vitriol

Male

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 1:51 am

Trixr4kids wrote:
Well that's a full sta merkaba AOE RM right Nancy (I'm guessing thats what the character you inhereted is). What I would be making is different. Since I don't get merkaba till 80 I have to rely on burst crack to level until then. And even at level 80 its foolish to go full sta nd use merk only because RMs at that level just don't have the nessacry equips nessacry to pull it off. Post 105 I might consider it but who knows. Right now I just want to make an AOE character that wouldn't be too tedious to grind with, but at the same time I want PvP capabilities. I ask for too much ;-;

If you want AOE with some possibility to PvP, then AOE BP would be the way to go IMO. High STA, reasonable STR + stupidly good MP awakenings will make for a nasty asal, while sonichand's an insta-stun. AOE RMs in PvP are nothing but punching bags... you won't die, but you wouldn't kill anyone with a reasonable PvP build either.
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Yeah thus is my dilemma. If I want to PvP I need to go AOE BP, but at the same time I want to try out the versatility of a AOE RM leveling style :S

Which would you all choose?
Back to top Go down
Vitriol
Hoar
Vitriol

Male

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Trixr4kids wrote:
Yeah thus is my dilemma. If I want to PvP I need to go AOE BP, but at the same time I want to try out the versatility of a AOE RM leveling style :S

Which would you all choose?

Blade.

jokes aside, I'd go for AOE BP, though I would've made mine INT... but besides that, BP.
Back to top Go down
Trixr4kids
Douchebag
Trixr4kids

Male

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 5:18 pm

Threads Closed

Made it an AOE BP.

Will probably regret the descion in about 10 levels but meh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FUUUUUUUUU Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUU   FUUUUUUUUU Empty

Back to top Go down

FUUUUUUUUU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear The Clam :: Flyff :: Flyff-Related Discussions-
Jump to: